This skill can be used to help your current employer to implement cyber security in their IT environment; or this can be used for your personal digital life to protect privacy and security. Certificate course in Cyber Security Foundation is Accredited by nasscom, approved by Government of India.
GoI is providing incentives on FutureSkills Prime platform to eligible Indian citizen. The purpose of this incentive is to encourage citizens to upskill themselves. The incentive is provided on course, assessment and competency diagnostic fee. For further details, please refer to General Terms & Conditions.
All training sessions are conducted by our in-house subject matter experts.
It will depend upon which mode of learning you have opted for. In case, you have selected Live-online training mode, your training sessions will be conducted live by one of our trainers. If you have opted for distance learning option, you will learn through pre-recorded videos.
You need to have the following:
- Windows: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: OSX 10.6 or higher
- Internet speed: Preferably 512 Kbps or higher
- Headset, speakers and microphone: You’ll need headphones or speakers to hear instruction clearly, as well as a microphone to talk to others. You can use a headset with a built-in microphone, or separate speakers and microphone.
To Claim the GoI Incentive, learners need to follow the 4 steps as below:
- Step 1: Register on the platform
- Step 2: Complete eligible courses offered on the platform
- Step 3: Get Successfully certified in industry approved SSC assessments
- Step 4: Apply for Govt. Of India Incentive through your learner ledger from September 4 onwards
For more details, refer to the General Terms & Conditions
GoI incentive can be claimed immediately after successfully completing a course and getting certified in industry approved SSC assessment.
The maximum incentive an eligible learner can avail is up to INR 12,000/- only. Further there are limits across the following content categories.
- Deep Skilling – Subscription Based Pathways
- Deep Skilling – Free Pathway
- Bridge Courses
- Foundation Courses
The learner can also avail only 1 GoI funded ‘Competency Diagnostic’ and 1 assessment on reimbursement basis in each of the 4 categories of courses. For more details, please refer to the General Terms & Conditions
All learners who wish to avail GoI incentive need to be 18 years or above.
What Will You Learn?
- Understand Fundamentals of Cyber Security like CIA, different cyber threats to an individual and to an organization; identify and understand different types of malware.
- Know about different types of networking devices.
- Understand Networking basics like how data flows from one computer to another, how computer addressing happens.
- Learn how one can do basic security testing by performing vulnerability scanning with Nessus or Nmap; finding loopholes and ranking them based on impact; testing the vulnerability by exploiting them.
- Understand how to provide basic security via access management, e.g. by Identity management, single sign on.
- Understand how to monitor an incident, identifying false positive incident, developing response plan for an incident, investigating an incident, implementing a security operations center for continuous monitoring of security threats.
Module 1 Fundamental of Cyber Security
Chapter 1 : Quiz