Certificate in Web Application Security Testing (C-WAST)
Skills Factory’s C-WAST course is the only course in the market to help you perfect your skills in penetration testing of web applications.
60 + Hours Course Duration
20 Hours Theory Sessions
40 hours Practicals
The media today is abuzz with news of hackers exploiting vulnerabilities present in different web applications. Therefore, it is a compulsion for web application developers to make sure their application is safe from manipulation. Skills Factory’s C-WAST course is the only course in the market to help you perfect your skills in penetration testing of web applications. We train you right from data encoding, evasion methods to XML attacks, risk management, injections, session management and more.
What skills you will learn?
- Gather preliminary information about the application through manual documentation review
- Gather web-based information through the use of automated tools and techniques
- Review application design and architecture to check that appropriate security requirements are enforced
- Check the source code of an application manually and identify security issues
- Evaluate the vulnerabilities discovered for their relevance, root cause, risk criticality, and corresponding mitigation methods
- Collate application security controls from various internal and external sources
- Gather information related to application patching and its interdependencies with IT infrastructure requirements
- Isolate root causes of vulnerabilities and identify fixes, by including contextual information like architectural composition, exploitation methods and probabilities of exposure
- Categorizevulnerabilitiesandidentifyextentofvulnerabilityincludinglevelof weakness and sensitivity of the information
- Document information and activities at every step to provide an audit trail
- Automate correlation of static, dynamic and interactive application security testing results
- To make student understand web application concepts like front-end/back-end, top 10 vulnerabilities of Open Web Application Security Project and setting vulnerable lab for testing purpose. To make student understand dynamic code analysis of web application to find vulnerabilities.
- To make student understand the concept of cryptography in web application and its importance. Along with that, finding vulnerabilities in implemented encryption mechanisms. To make student understand security issues with authentication process on web application. Along with that, exploiting weak authentications.
- To make student understand certain weakness in the web application configuration and intermediate supporting services. This would slow down, hang or crash the applications. To make student understand conventional methods to find traditional security issues in a web application. To make student understand some general security threats related to web application like bypassing captcha and clickjacking. To make student understand some less explored and low hanging vulnerabilities of web application.
- 60 + Hours Course Duration
- 20 Hours Theory Sessions
- 40 Hours Practicals
- CLASSROOM TRAINING
- ONLINE LEARNING
- BLENDED TRAINING
- MOC Interviews
Examination is conducted by Skills Factory Learning Pvt.Ltd. and Certificate is also provided by Skills Factory Learning Pvt. Ltd.
As this is a vendor specific course, for Global certification student has to register in “Pearson VUE” or “Prometric” Online examination center to attempt online examination and receive Global certificate from Vendor.
Yes, you can retake the test any time after the declaration of your previous test results.
Once you have completed your course and passed the test, you will receive your certificate by email, in pdf format.
All training sessions are conducted by our in-house subject matter experts.
It will depend upon which mode of learning you have opted for. In case, you have selected Live-online training mode, your training sessions will be conducted live by one of our trainers. If you have opted for distance learning option, you will learn through pre-recorded videos.
You need to have the following:
- Windows: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: OSX 10.6 or higher
- Internet speed: Preferably 512 Kbps or higher
- Headset, speakers and microphone: You’ll need headphones or speakers to hear instruction clearly, as well as a microphone to talk to others. You can use a headset with a built-in microphone, or separate speakers and microphone.